12/31/2008

A New Year of Reading

2009 promises to be a decent year for reading, at least for me. Unless I go blind, or somehow lose brain function, I'll probably read more in 2009 than I did in 2008. And that's saying something. I'm fairly certain that I read at least forty or fifty novels in 2008, and that's not counting academic reading.

I could go down the list of books I read, but that would be boring to anyone who isn't me. Instead, I'll talk about what I want to read in 2009.

The list is actually shorter than I expected, only 14 so far, but it will likely grow exponentially as the year progresses.

James Rollins:
The Judas Strain (currently reading)

The Last Oracle

Sandstorm

Neil Gaiman:
Neverwhere

Good Omens

Anansi Boys (read it once)

JRR Tolkien:
Lord of the Rings

The Silmarillion (I try to read some of it every year)

CS Lewis:
The Chronicles of Narnia

The Screwtape Letters

Matthew Stover:
Star Wars: Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor (horrible title)


Stephen King:
Dark Tower V: Wolves of the Calla

Dark Tower VI: Song of Susannah

Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower

(I just read these last year, but they are that good)

I'm hoping you have your own list of reading to do in the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment